Liposuction is a very popular fat reduction and contouring procedure that helps many people every year achieve their body goals. It helps get rid of the stubborn fat that’s been haunting you around your double chin and neck, stomach, back, love handles, legs and arms. However, liposuction isn’t the right procedure for everyone. Men and women come to consult with Dr. Diwan at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center curious if this life-changing procedure is the right procedure for them. If you are curious if liposuction is for you, check our list of criteria below, that makes one a good liposuction candidate.
A good candidate for liposuction at the Laser & Skin Surgery Center meets the following criteria:
- Healthy individual above the age of 18 years
- Stubborn areas of fat on the body that refuse to leave despite regular exercise and a healthy diet
- At or close to ideal body weight.
- Realistic expectations from liposuction
- Committed to maintaining healthy weight through diet and exercise
- Interested in a procedure that achieves results with a single treatment
- Prioritizes a procedure performed with local anesthesia so you can be awake for the entire liposuction process
- Requires a short recovery time (liposuction patients are back to work in just 3 days )
Liposuction In Cleveland
At the Laser & Skin Surgery Center, liposuction is performed with an emphasis on your safety, with local anesthesia (and oral medication to help you relax) to ensure a comfortable procedure. Dr. Diwan will make numb the skin to make an entry incision for a cannula to suction out the unwanted fat from the chin, chest, stomach, buttocks, hips, thighs, legs, and arms. Once the fat in the targeted area is removed, a couple of stiches close the incision and the liposuction procedure is complete. Removing the stubborn fat and improving your contour is as simple as that!
Liposuction can help boost your confidence in your appearance by streamlining your form, and improving the quality of your life with a simple, safe office procedure, that promotes a quick recovery.
It is equally important to understand what liposuction does not achieve. Dr. Diwan wants you to know that liposuction is:
- Not going to make you skinny (it will help give you better proportions, but not make you thin)
- Not for weight loss or a treatment of obesity (liposuction is best to get rid of pockets of fat on your body that cannot be reduced with diet and exercise)
- Not for improvement of Diabetes control
- Not for reduction of cardiac risk factors
Begin Your Liposuction Journey Today
We know how frustrating it can be when fat persists in problem areas despite your best efforts to lose it. Strict diet, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle often aren’t enough to get rid of that double chin, muffin top, tummy fat or love handles. Now, you don’t need to live feeling discouraged any longer. We have seen how liposuction can help men and women in the Cleveland area look great and feel confident.
If you believe you are a good candidate for liposuction and would like to begin your liposuction journey today, call to schedule a consultation with Dr. Diwan today.