Liposuction is a surgical procedure that reduces stubborn fat in a single treatment, while CoolSculpting is a non-surgical fat reduction treatment that may take 2 or more sessions for full results. Each is effective and has its own unique benefits, depending on your personal needs.
If you are interested in reducing pockets of stubborn fat but aren’t sure if liposuction or CoolSculpting is better for you, call 440-871-9832 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Diwan at our Cleveland office.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is more efficient than CoolSculpting, and can remove larger amounts of fat at once. The contouring results that you desire can be achieved in a single procedure.
The main benefits of liposuction over CoolSculpting are:
- Remove a larger amount of fat
- Single treatment achieves contour improvement
- Results are visible more quickly
However, you should keep in mind that liposuction is a surgical procedure that requires some recovery time. You need to wear a compression garment after the procedure, take three days off for sedentary work, and swelling and bruising diminish over a few weeks.
If you don’t mind the recovery time and want faster, more dramatic results, then liposuction is likely to be the best option for you.
Benefits of CoolSculpting
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical treatment that reduces fat through a process called cryolipolysis. Essentially, it freezes your fat cells so they die off and are eliminated naturally by your body. The main benefits of CoolSculpting over liposuction are:
- No incisions or anesthesia
- No recovery time needed
- No compression garment needed after treatment
- Effective even for minor areas of fat
- Comfortable, easy treatment
Most patients require two or more sessions for each area being treated.
CoolSculpting may be the best choice for you if:
- You have minor amounts of stubborn fat
- You want to avoid recovery time
- You’re okay with results appearing gradually over the course of a couple of months
Candidates for Liposuction and CoolSculpting
Since liposuction is a surgical procedure, it has stricter guidelines for who is a candidate. You may be a good liposuction candidate if:
- You are in good general health
- You don’t smoke
- You’re are at or near a healthy, stable weight
- You don’t have heart problems and are not on medications such as blood thinners that may cause complications of surgery
CoolSculpting, on the other hand, has fewer restrictions and can be performed on smokers and people with chronic medical conditions. However, be sure to discuss any medical issues you have with Dr. Diwan during your consultation.
Schedule Your Body Contouring Consultation Today
If you are interested in body contouring and want to find out if liposuction or CoolSculpting would be the better option for you, please call the Laser & Skin Surgery Center today at 440-871-9832 today to schedule your consultation.
We serve patients in Westlake and surrounding areas of greater Cleveland, OH.