It may sound like an interesting idea to use tiny needles on your face – but believe it or not, this is actually a painless and effective way to get smoother, younger-looking skin! It is called “microneedling,” and it is a very popular procedure. Dr. Renuka Diwan is proud to offer this rejuvenating, minimally invasive option to her patients. Read on for 7 things you should know about microneedling!
What is Microneedling?
Curious about microneedling? You should know:
- The needles that are used are very tiny. When they are passed across the skin, “microinjuries” are created, and the body reacts to these “injuries” by stimulating the production of collagen. Collagen is important for beautiful, youthful skin, and as more of it is produced it refreshes old skin and makes smooth and firm “new” skin. The open channels created by microneedling also allow skin products to get into the deeper layers of the skin for even more impressive results.
- Microneedling is safe, and patients report that microneedling doesn’t hurt – it just feels like a pricking sensation. Before the procedure, a numbing cream is applied so that any discomfort is minimized.
- Microneedling can be used to treat wrinkles, acne scars, fine lines, minor scars, hyperpigmentation, and even stretch marks. It is a noninvasive, nonsurgical way to correct flaws and improve skin.
- Dr. Diwan has performed numerous microneedling treatments and can typically complete the session in about 20 minutes!
- There is no downtime after a microneedling procedure, although you will have some swelling and redness for a couple of days afterward (most patients report that this feels like a minor sunburn).
- You may need more than one treatment, depending on what issues you would like to have corrected.
- At Dr. Diwan’s practice, AQUAGOLD microneedling is used, which has 20 microscopic gold-plated needles that deliver BOTOX and/or Juvederm.
Even people who are afraid of needles have tried microneedling and have loved the results. To find out more about microneedling and what it can do for you, contact Cleveland’s Laser and Skin Surgery Center for a consultation today. Call the office in Westlake, Ohio, at 440-871-9832.